NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Marian Shapiro <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Nov 1997 20:05:31 -0800
Hi, Monica- I have very severe secondary lactose intolerance, following an
intestinal infection last summer. So I'm very aware of all the consequences of
eating milk products. I do eat a lot of soy substitutes and tofu - I can't say
I like tofu in most of its forms, but I'm trying to eat it because of the
nutrients that otherwise I don't get. Tofu doesn't bother me at all, even in
large quantities, so I doubt it has any correlates with lactose. In addition,
my (adult) daughter, who had childhood lactose intolerance, became a vegan, and
practically lives on tofu, happily. So my guess is, your problem is something
else in the tofu department.
                                                                Marian