NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Cathy O'Connor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Mar 1999 10:04:09 -0800
Kris,

This list, unfortunately, isn't like other lists that I am familiar with.  I find
that supportive, friendly messages here are few and far between.  I couldn't
believe the egos that were attacking one another when I first joined.  I thought
it was an isolated incident, but no, people are antagonistic and unfriendly here
for the most part.  It seems that many threads seem to be more an "I'm right,
you're wrong, ego vs. ego," thing.    I know of an allergy list well you will get
support for the most part, if you would like to email me privately, I will tell
you how to join.

I stay here though because there are a lot of intelligent people here who do have
good information.  It's just not a very supportive environment.

Personally, I don't think the response you received was inappropriate.  I think it
was just a personal opinion, based on a person's experiences.  She was only
disagreeing, not flaming, being rude, or nasty.  I know you were probably hoping
for something a bit different, like, "I'm glad the issue appears to have been
resolved.  Good luck with the treatment," but that's not the type of response you
will generally get here.

Sorry to be such a downer :-)

Cathy