NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Joe Clemens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 May 1997 08:24:03 -0700
I am very sensitive to milk in any form, whatsoever, so it is easy for me
tell immediately if I have inadvertantly had some.  My reaction is
digestive, immediate and severe.

I tried all the margarine and finally came across PARKAY LIGHT, to which
I have no reaction at all.  It has a very desirable texture and a really
great taste.  My son tasted it one day when he had a bite of my toast and
immediately changed over to it from butter.  I, too, think it tastes
better than butter and it's not greasy like butter.  Take my word for it,
the warning on the package is correct and this margarine is worthless for
cooking and baking.

The listed ingredients of PARKAY LIGHT are:  Water, partially
hydrogenated soybean oil, salt, emulsifiers (soy lecithin, vegetable
monoglycerides), xanthan gum, preservatives (potassium sorbate, sodium
benzoate), artificial flavor, vitamin A palmitate, colored with beta
carotene (a source of vitamin A).

This is my first listing to this service and I'm happy to be aboard.

Joe