NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Martin Finne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Dec 1997 04:07:02 +0100
> Is there a similar dairy lobby in your country?  Is your dairy industry
> as powerful as ours is?  Here, for every 100 pounds of milk a farmer
> produces, he must give 15 cents to the National Fluid Milk Processors,
> the marketing arm of America's dairy industry.  That adds up to hundreds
> of millions of dollars each year.  Our dairy industry wisely spends that
> money in a brilliant advertising campaign.  In addition, they pay
> enormous sums of money to our political leaders (which insures price
> controls and favors).
>
> Do similar things happen like that in Norway?
The dairy industry in Norway is very regulated. It is *one* private owned
dairy plant ( is that the term for the company refining milk ?). The rest
is
companies owned by the state, but run as free market industry (sort of),

I don't know his in detail, but they spend lots of money on ads. They also
appearntly struggle to keep their position.

Reading declarations on pre-processed food, I know they sell their vaste
products wherever they are able to.

> Robert "NOTMILKMAN" Cohen
> http://www.notmilk.com

Martin Finne