NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 9 Feb 2007 03:49:49 -0000
>I stated I didn't expect that everyone would agree with me and it's clear
that I was right about that as well.

It would help if you could get your
own story straight.  From your original post, that started all of this:

>It's interesting that you mention the intolerance. I can't help but suspect
it's the same as allergies even though a lot of people think they're two different
things. I think it's because doctors insist they are two different things,

... and from your most recent:

>I was just pointing out how allergies
and lactose intolerant are classified as two seperate things but that the
tricky wording is actually implying it is the same thing.

So, which is
it?  By their "tricky wording" they accidentally led you to the truth?

Also, you said:

>it just amazes me how the medical field rewords everything
so they can have liscence to charge patients for a medicine on the market
because something has been given a medical label for a condition

The course
of action for lactose intolerance is some combination of avoidance, use of
lactase enzyme - an over the counter product, and (some would argue) use of
probiotics - also available over the counter.  What would be the motivation
for medical professionals to misrepresent this?  By your logic they would
make more money by letting LI be thought of as a form of allergy, so they
could justify shots and office visits.  Their current strategy is just sending
people off to health food stores to get soy milk,lactase, acidophilus, and
such.  No profit for them there.

Bob Husby