NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathleen Portra <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 May 1997 07:48:22 -0600
Our daughter's last exposure to milk did not put her into full blown anaphylactic
shock, but did give her some respiratory distress.  We took her to our
Ped. for observation anyway, even though we didn't need to use the epipen.
 It had been over a year since she had any exposure to milk.  Our allergist
was very quick to point out that this experience did not mean she was growing
out of her allergy - only that our vigilance has paid off in that it was
not life threatening THIS TIME.  The more often she is exposed to dairy,
the more severe the reaction will be.  We can only hope that we can keep
her away from it completely so that an accidental dose at day care or school
will not kill her.

If your child has never had cheese, he won't miss it.  Don't mess with
this - yet.  There will be plenty of time in the future when your child
will get dairy without asking for it.

Take Care and Hang in There - it's a tough road, but it's worth it.