NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Robyn Kozierok <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Jun 1998 13:52:42 -0400

> re: fats       Grind up flax seeds and add to baked products, or add
> whole seeds to salads. casseroles etc.  Theses provide the good
> essential fatty acids that we need as well as fiber.

If you add them whole, you will get the benefit from the fiber but not
the fat, except insofar as you grind them with you teeth while you eat.
They need to be ground in advance to get the full benefit from the fat.
Especially important for those of us allergic to fish as that is the
other good source of omega-3 fatty acids.

--Robyn