NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Joe Ames Sr." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Mar 1997 13:48:33 -0500
Hi Rachele,

A product like Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein simply means that the amino
acid structure has been rearranged.
Proteins are made up of amino acids, which is why beef tastes like beef,
chicken like chicken and so on.
These same amino acids are found in other protein sources such as grains.
So, a grain or combination of grains is processed to re-arrange the amino
acid profile to resemble that of a particular meat.
That's what bouillon cubes are.

Here's a site that has some info' on current label laws in the U.S.

http://www.cpb.uokhsc.edu/fda/con/bull1104g.html

Some of the real concerns that I have regarding food -
Contaminated coastal waters, both bacterial and chemical.
Radioactive dust particles circling the Earth from all of the A bomb tests.
Aspartame.
Aluminum.
Residual Hormones and drugs in our meats.
Residual assorted 'cides on imported fruits and vegetables.

Have a nice day.  ;-)

Joe