NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Martin Finne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Jun 1998 00:03:18 +0200
I use lecithin as a supplement ( look at recent postings
regarding calcium). The declaration on my lecithin container
tells me that it is fat ( with 76% phospholipids) whereof
12 wheight % saturated fatty acids
 5 wheight % one-unsaturated fatty acids
33 wheight % multi-unstaurated fatty acids.

You will find lecithin or rather phosphlipids in lots of
food.
Phospholipids derived from calves brains are sold as an alternative
for antidepressive drugs.
Anyway, lecithin is used to mix water and oil (emulgator) as a
common additive  in foods, the most probable source is the less
expensive. Could be animal or plant.

and keep in motion :-)

Martin Finne,
Trondheim,