NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mark Feblowitz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 May 1998 15:31:18 -0400
>This is better than nothing, but not much. When I take my son out for a treat
>it's instant gratification time. Ordering a box of chocolate and keeping it
>in the cupboard is maybe OK for supplies for cooking and camping. But when
>all the other kids and siblings can get chocolate at the grocery or
>drug store and you have to tell him that there is nothing that he can eat...

We try to leave a "goody box" at school for Josh, in case somebody brings
in a surprise birthday treat or other goody. Then the teacher can reach in
and give him something "special." Since he likes the Hershey Bars, this
would be a special treat.

>Lately I've noticed that Ghirardelli has been expanding their distribution
>in our area. It's much more expensive than Hershey's but it's available...
>
>They also have flavored dark chocolate like Raspberry and one with almonds.
>
>Sorry Hershey, I might order some for smores, but my daily purchases
>are going to your competition.

I personally will be showing not only my disdain for their change, but also
my appreciation for their accomodating action; even if it means a little
inconvenience.

Mark Feblowitz                  GTE Laboratories Incorporated
[log in to unmask]              40 Sylvan Road, Waltham, MA 02154-1120