NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
LMoran8545 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Mar 1998 10:35:13 EST
Some tips I've used and want to share with Jill:
   My son is anaphlactic to milk, and is also allergic to eggs, peanuts and
beef.  I wrote a form letter to all of our family and friends explaining
Devin's allergies and they're severity. I explained how one mac. and cheese
noodle sent him to the hospital in an ambulance, and that got they're
attention. I told them I needed all of their help and support.
  In surroundings where there is a mix of food and strangers (weddings,
picnics, etc.)
I have Devin (one year) wear a large plastic "button" that says "Fatal Food
Allergies, Dont Feed Me!"  It is flourescent green and really works, although
I also watch him like a hawk.
My doctors office had the brochure for the "button".  Its called Infolert, and
you fill out what you want your button to say.  Here's the number to order
(714) 454--8809.  I'm not advertising for them, this product just may help
save a life. Good Luck, Cindy