NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
D Jacobs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Apr 1999 15:10:55 -0600
Cathy O'Connor wrote:

> I completely understand that we were two very strong egos, arguing a
> point that we would never agree on.  This is why I had said a number of
> times on the list, "let's agree to disagree."

I tried to find this in the archive.  But never found you "agreeing to disagree" in our
conversation.

> But, excuse me?  Nice of you to slander me, now that I'm no longer on the
> list.  I asked you twice to stop emailing me at home, and I warned that I
> would contact your ISP if you didn't.  If you call that threatening, than
> that makes your private emails to me harassing, as they were uninvited.
> YOU initiated the private emails, not myself. You were not prepared to let
> the issue die on the list.

My emails to you were only in reply to what you sent to me, on and off list.  In your
last 'final' email to the list you stated "if anyone has any comments, please direct
them to my private email address [log in to unmask] ".  This is in the
archives.  I don't think you can send me emails of the type that you did and then tell
me I can not reply.
As far as letting the issue die... My only point was that there can be different
alternatives and you just wanted to insist that there can only be the way that YOUR
sources approve of.  Opinions of people on this list you stated were only lay people's
opinion and therefore not properly studied.

> I am asking that you "clarify" your the above quoted comments to the
> list.

I feel I have.

> We both know that there was no "very threatening" personal
> emails.

> I have just emailed my ISP to ask them to continue to keep the
> original copies of our exchanges on their server.  So, I have my copies
> that I just mailed to Don, and their copies.

OK.  I can't recall anything that I have stated in any of our conversations that was
insulting, disrespectful, rude, threatening or in any way uncalled for.  Please let me
know of any instances that you feel differ.

> I am giving you the
> opportunity to gracefully back out of this by restoring my reputation and
> posting the truth to the list:

I am posting the truth.  I would be glad to post everything I have written but just don't
find it relevant to the group and don't want to be part of the "excessive posting"
problem.  (BTW, I had nothing to do with your problems with the list owner on that
issue)

> I don't want to be unfair about this, but if want to play dirty pool
> like you did, just to make me look bad, then I will have my ISP forward
> copies of our exchanges to the no-milk list.  That way everyone will see
> that you were being less than honest.

Like I've said there is NOTHING I have written that is in any way inflammatory.

> If you don't come forth and be honest, I don't know what action Don will
> take, but I have also drafted a letter to your ISP and have attached
> copies of our emails.  The letter is in my draft folder and will stay
> there while await your response/actions.   I may even post copies of of
> emails to the list.  What would you do if you were slandered?  Hmm,
> something to consider.

You are going to post copies of our emails to this list?  Is this going to be after your
ISP has already done the same.   Please go ahead.  I DON'T GET IT.  I have copies
of what has been written too so hey cool I can post them too.

> You are being very very unfair to me.  While I may have been bitchy,
> (that is only natural after receiving your unwanted emails at my home
> address after having asked you to "stay out of my mail box.") I certainly
> did not threaten you.

If you email me with a direct argument and I reply to the "reply to" address then it
shouldn't be considered "unwanted".  And initial email only followed your request for
such in the quote above.

> I will wait a reasonable length of time to see if you have apologized on
> the list.
>
> Be aware that if you don't apologize and make clear that I didn't
> threaten you, then I will go to the next step, and the one after that.
> There are people I know on that list and I will not be slandered like that
> by you or anyone else. Slander is a serious offense.

So you are threatening me that you will take a further "next step" against me unless I
make it clear that you do not threaten ?  Oh OK, Cathy certainly does not threaten.

Cathy, I think you should reconsider what you have said.

I do however apologize to this list for this way off-topic diversion this has all taken.

Denise