NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Scott/Debbie Kempf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Mar 1999 13:24:08 -0500
Today's Philadelphia Inquirer contains a small item which reads as
follows:
"A small, vegetarian-oriented nutritional group took on mainstream
medicine and the dairy industry yesterday by asserting that vegetables
are a better weapon than milk against osteoporosis.  It is far better to
get calcium from leafy green vegetables and orange juice, the
Physician's Committee for Responsible Medicine, a nonprofit U.S. group,
said.  The group cited studies that show people who drink milk do not
necessarily have fewer bone fractures, the most dangerous outcome of
osteoporosis, or thinning bones."

Maybe it is all a bunch of hooey, but I felt better about my daughter's
dairy allergy for a brief moment after reading this item. Hope it
brightens someone else's day...Debbie