NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Alex Oren <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Jan 1999 13:06:50 GMT
Hello people, I'd like your thoughts/suggestions about the following matter:

I have a 1 year old daughter.  She is still 60% breastfed but we got her
eating solids as well (she loves chicken, fish, potatoes and avocado and
pretty much hates everything else).

A couple of months ago I tried to add some milk-based formula (Similac) to her
buckwheat porridge and the results were terrible - she got red rash all over
her face, neck and upper chest.  It disappeared after a couple of hours but it
got me worried.

We're keeping her off diary products for now but I'd like to know if the milk
is really to blame.  Are there tests?

Thank you!

Have fun,
Alex.