NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Kathy C. Shepard" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Jan 1999 19:04:51 -0500
> Subject: chinese take out
>
> I was wondering if anyone else has had a reaction after eating chinese food.
> My only food allergy is dairy.  MSG?  I had thought chinese food was safe
> except for the breaded stuff...I avoid that.  Anyone?

Hi Kim,

I think it's the MSG.  I, too, have always had a reaction from Chinese food but didn't know what it
was.  Then a couple of weeks ago I ate some new little snack crackers from Triscuit.  Garlic flavor
little triangle shaped crackers.  Delicious.  NO DAIRY!!!  Yipee!  Oops.  Terrible reaction.  What
was it in?  MSG.  I'm going to add it to my medical medalion.

By the bye, does everyone wear medical medalions that state "dairy protein allergy?"  If I were to
be hospitalized and unable to speak for myself it could be awful if they gave me something with
dairy protein in it.  So my medalion has to speak for me.

Regards,

Kathy
aka [log in to unmask]