NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Laura Marple <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 May 1997 17:04:01 UT
Here is another non-dairy mango recipe - a truly
delicious version of that old Thai restaurant standby.
Sorry I don't have directions for cooking the rice on
the stovetop - we always do ours in the rice cooker
and I don't know any other way.

Enjoy!
Laura

***

Mangoes with Sticky Rice

2 cups freshly cooked sweet rice (glutinous rice)
1/2 cup coconut milk
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup sugar
2 chilled ripe mangoes

Combine the hot rice with the coconut milk, salt and
sugar. Set aside to cool. Peel and slice the mangoes.
Arrange mango slices and a scoop of rice on each
plate and serve.

Serves 4

------
Laura Marple, SAH Mommy to Pippa (27 Nov 96)
[log in to unmask] ~ [log in to unmask]
http://www.seanet.com/~thisbe