NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Michele Ferris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Oct 2002 21:19:35 -0400
I am enjoying the cookbook "How it All Vegan", altho we're not vegan.  The
non-dairy recipes I've tried have been good, including one for flax seed
crackers.  I will admit, if you told me I'd be making my own crackers, I'd
have told you that you were crazy.

As for the smoothies, I've been making them with apple juice, banana + a
frozen fruit.  I just can't get used to the taste of rice milk, altho the
extra calcium wouldn't hurt (I use enriched).  May have to try some flax
seed in there, altho I wonder how much is needed to be "beneficial"?  I'd
probably grind the seed first to make it less obvious?

Michele