NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Tracy Price <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Feb 2001 20:59:04 -0500
Goats milk is much closer to human milk than cows milk. In that respect, it
may be better.  However, as Elizabeth stated, you may be reacting to the
proteins or sugars in the milk, in which case, neither is a good choice.
There are options.  I personally don't allow any "animal" based milk in my
home.  The adverse and negative affects of consuming another animals milk is
not worth trying to find a way to keep consuming it.  Over 50% of the worlds
population has some form of trouble digesting milk.

The better options are to use things like rice or soy milk.  Rice milk (such
as Rice Dream) comes in various flavors and has a consistency much like skim
milk.  Soy is much thicker.  To me, rice milk is sweeter and what I use with
my whole grain cereals.  My little girls like the chocolate soy or rice milk
with Hershey's chocolate in it.

They are both much better since the cows milk went away.  Fewer sinus
problems, no ear infections, fewer and shorter duration colds, and an
improved disposition.

From: "Elizabeth Lingle" <[log in to unmask]>

 From: "Sandi Yuhas" <[log in to unmask]>
My daughter is allergic to Dairy Products, in addition to having CELIAC
DISEASE.   Does anyone know if Goat's Milk is 'ok', or if anyone has had
success in
subbing Goat's milk for Cow's??
Sandi