NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Don Marcotte <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 May 1998 01:00:08 -0400
There are two cheeses called Frugal (mozzarella type) & Grbac (Swiss type)
which claim to be lactose free, are supposedly real cheese  and don't seem
to cause me any problems (I'm severely LI with some problems with milk
protein). Unfortunately they are only available at a neighbourhood deli
(Ziggy's) here in Toronto. They don't seem to carry them at other Ziggy's
either. The local cheese buyer somehow found out about them and they
continue to carry at least one of them (with some prodding from me!).

Don