NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Larissa Blechman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Mar 1999 16:29:53 -0500
The nice thing about this list, just like the world, is that we can all
make our own choices and hopefully live comfortably with them and with
each other.My family follows a gluten free, dairy free, yeast free , low
carb diet.  We have other food allergies among the three kids and myself
and it is always a challenge to eat well. We did decide about a year ago
to do without hydrogenated fat, I do all of our baking so I now use
Spectrum Spread and another non-hydrogenated  margarines and oils for
that. Certainly there are times that we eat trans-fatty acids but I
think for us the goal is to use as little  pre-processed food as
possible. That to me is the real key to health, at least for us and many
others. I don't think that anyone is judging anyone by recommending use
of a particular item over another.  There is room for all of us here.

Larissa Blechman