NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Susan Gallant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Feb 2007 14:05:25 -0800
I scanned through your email and could tell you were upset. It wasn't directed towards anyone personally. I just get frustrated because even a lot of people in the medical field don't realize how much politics fall into play behind what curriculum is taught in medical schools. Corporations actually fund colleges partially to help keep tuition costs down and in turn they also dictate what is and what isn'tt aught in the classrooms. So I respect the fact that you have a college education, but please bear in mind not everything they taught you is accurate. They cram everything at you at once so you're too busy stidying and internshipping to stop and think to question anything. I don't expect you to agree with me or to understand, but I have to be clear and honest about what I know and what I think. Obviously you're doing the same so I'm sure we'll get along fine. I see this connected to dairy allergies because I don't find the medical field to be adequatrely educated about
 those things. Once in a while I run across a doctor who has done his own research that really knows his stuff, but most of the time I find them to be very arrogant and closed minded. Having a degree doesn't mean you know everything and it doesn't make a person God, so there is always room to learn more. The reality is the pharmacutical industry DOES offer bonus points, cash benefits and especially the formula industry which they also own, as they also offer paid vacations to doctors who discourage mothers from nursing their babies by saying they "need" formula and give them a can or two to take home so they have that temptation. Hence they are contributing to the dairy allergy problem. Some doctors don't buy into this and they are the ones I have a great deal of respect for,  but they are also being black balled and run out of business by their coleagues and also medicaid deciding to not pay them for several months so they are starved out of their jobs. I'm sure you're
 decicated to your job and I respect that, but I would strongly urge you to open your eyes and look around. I think you'd really be surprised to see what you'll find. Please understand I don't mean that in a condescending manner. I'm trying to encourage you to expand your paradagims and think more. There's a lot more to discover beyond the medical books.
     If you want to discuss this like adults outside of the talk list(,eaning we aren't slamming each other) feel free to email me personally. Sue