NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Alex Oren <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 May 2001 17:57:00 -0400
On Tue, 1 May 2001 08:16:27 -0400, Clif Flynt <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

} Travelling by air can be a trick.  You either pack your own food,
} or take a chance on whatever the airlines will offer you (usually
} something with meat and cheese.)
}
} While most airlines offer special meals for folks with dietary
} restrictions, the most convenient airline to me doesn't have a
} lactose-free choice for special meals.  I've tried the vegetarian
} choices in the past, and been uniformly unhappy with what I got (do
} people really eat that stuff on purpose?)  (Answer: Yes, I've had vegan
} meals that were tasty - just not on airplanes.)
}
} On my last trip, I tried ordering the Kosher meal, figuring that I'd
} have a 50-50 chance of stuff I could eat, or a cheese platter.
}
} This was a winner.  The food was much better than I got when I tried the
} vegetarian meals.  And, just the peace of mind in knowing that once I
} saw the meat, I was safe eating the meal made the flight more relaxing.

Air Canada has a choice of Lactose-free, Vegetarian, Vegetarian
"lacto-ovo" (vegan probably), Kosher, etc.

Have fun,
Alex.