NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Alex Oren <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Sep 2004 23:08:56 -0400
On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 22:59:17 EDT, [log in to unmask] said:
> There is current research that proves that allergens can be passed
> through breast milk.  I really think this needs to be considered.

I can attest to that.
Our daughter would often get rash all over after breast-feeding.

> Its something in the child system, not something we as parents did or
> did not do.

The *predisposition* to allergies seem to be genetic.  However, some
things appear to lower the risk of manifesting an allergy or its
severity.  As usual when dealing with odds, sometimes it works and
sometimes it doesn't.

Best wishes,
Alex.