NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
MARGARET E HERRICK <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Mar 1997 10:27:45 EST
Atta boy, Dr. Twogood!

I believe nothing that comes from the FDA or many other government
"watchdogs".  Big money always has it's own ax to grind.  I especially
"love" the companies that  hire their own "tests" done and find nothing
wrong.

If you were hired for big bucks to test a product, would you tell the
company that hired you "it is no good"  ????

I read the lable of the new "Fat Free Cool Whip" just for fun the other
day.  It is loaded with the same palm and coconut oil cholesterol but if
you only use a level tablespoon or two it can be classified as having
"0" fat grams. (The FDA allows that kind of labeling.)  Of course the
recipes they offer call for using the whole tub.  Who ever uses 2 level
T. ??    I quit using that stuff  years ago,  but was looking to see if
it had OLEAN in it.  (The name is such  that you might confuse it with
OLEO.   On purpose, right?)

I am an old lady, age 71 soon.  I have learned a lot.  I have learned to
be cynical and never to believe the government especially and most things
in general, as "paper will stand still for anything".  Consider this:   I
am able to scan a photo of 4 people, and by way of a special computer
program, remove two of the people and replace them with two others.
That's the way things are today!

Maggie