NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Theresa McJunkin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Dec 1997 04:44:03 -0600
I just have to pass this along.  I made the best "cream" of tomato soup!

2 cans of peeled chopped tomatoes
3 squash and/or zucchini
maybe a cup of cauliflower.
tsp. dry basil (I measure in my palm so maybe more or less.)
tsp black pepper
sprinkling onion powder
sprinkling garlic powder
1/3 cup olive oil

Chop and steam the squash, zucchini and cauliflower.  Add the cans of
tomato in a big bowl.  Add the dry ingredients and maybe an extra 1/2 cup
of water.  Use your hand blender to the consistency you like.  I didn't
totally puree it.  There were still tiny chunks.  Add the olive oil and
simmer for a few minutes on the stove or the mic.  I've found 10 minutes
for this volume in the mic on half power is the easiest.  It might need
another little blast from the handblender when it's hot enough.  I was
thrilled with the beautiful salmon color, too - just like real cream of
tomato.