NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Suzanne DiPiero <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Jan 2000 06:36:51 -0800
If the chocolate is labeled K-DE, it was made on a
production line that is also used to make another
product which contains dairy (DE=dairy equipment).
This does not mean that there are dairy ingredients in
the chocolate.  It is only an indicator of how it was
manufactured.  I have seen this K-DE frequently on
sorbet made by Ben & Jerry's and Haggen Daz.

From what I remember, Tropical Source candy bars used
to claim to be non-dairy or dairy-free, because they
had less than 2% dairy ingredients.   The chocolate
bars I bought yesterday have no dairy ingredients
listed and are labeled K-Parve.  There were other
flavors, which I did not purchase, which were labeled
K-DE, but did not have any dairy ingredients.

I think they have recently changed their ingredients.

Suzanne