NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mark Feblowitz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Jan 2000 15:24:30 -0500
In addition to LI-like symptoms, it is also possible to have other
symptoms. In my wife's case, her only outward symptom was severe anemia.
I'm not sure is this was due to malabsorption, GI bleeding, or some
combination. Due to a good guess on her doctor's part (triggered by the
large number of immune disorders in our family), it was diagnosed and
confirmed via biopsy. With all gluten removed from her diet, her iron level
has come up and she's a different person. I guess this has been a gradual,
undetected deterioration.

At 08:10 PM 1/27/2000 -0500, you wrote:
>Celiac disease is a food intolerance to wheat, oats, rye and barley not an
>allergy - a food intolerance.  It is not an allergy.  Food intolerances and
>allergies are different.

Mark Feblowitz                  [log in to unmask]
Senior Principal MTS                    (781) 466-2947
GTE Laboratories Incorporated   (fax) (781) 466-2618
Waltham, MA 02451
http://TEC.gte.com      http://TEC.gte.com/MarkFeblowitz