NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
mfeltner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Jun 2004 10:09:19 -0400
Thanks for the clarification about the processing.  I wasn't aware their soy
milk was processed on the same equipment as cow's milk!  If so, I probably
wouldn't have risked using it!  Having already used their milk, though, I
would like to add that in our experience, I would rate their cleaning
procedures top notch.  I wouldn't normally trust manufacturers' statements,
but Silk has my confidence given our experience.  My son is anaphylactic to
milk products and has been drinking their soy milk regularly with no problems.

Here's their blurb about processing from their site (see
http://www.whitewave.com/index.php?id=17&cid=2#6):

How can I be sure there is no dairy in Silk Soymilk?

White Wave has zero tolerance for dairy in our products. In order to ensure
that our products that share dairy equipment do not contain dairy proteins,
White Wave uses rigorous cleaning and testing procedures. Silk is produced in
an entirely enclosed system of tanks and piping. Between each run of dairy
milk and Silk Soymilk all the equipment is washed and sterilized. Silk Soymilk
is then tested at the production facility and at our own White Wave
laboratories. We use a testing system that will recognize any dairy proteins.
If dairy proteins were found the batch would be rejected and disposed of.