NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 20 Nov 2000 13:08:38 -0600
Elizabeth wrote: <<Also, anyone got any creative ways to deal with the meals
around the holidays?  It tends to irritate my relatives greatly that the
traditional meal must be altered.>>

Unfortunately, sometimes family members get a little put out because they
also have to sacrifice things they like for someone else.   I remember when
my cousin was allergic to everything.  That made family get-togethers
difficult for the meal planners but not impossible.   My aunt would bring
along something her daughter could eat.  We made sure there was something
she could eat at the table and not feel left out but still had the
"traditional" foods for the season.

Now it is my turn to keep an eye on family get-togethers.   I offer to bring
a main dish or main side dish, I also offer to make one dessert.   I get the
menu ahead of time and plan accordingly.   My daughter is too young to know
what she can or can not eat, so I have to keep a careful watch on her.  I
also let everyone know that if she is out of my sight they are not to let
her eat anything unless her father or I say so.

HTH
Marianna
SAHM to Adam 6
Matthew 4