NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Robyn Kozierok <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Oct 2006 09:49:25 -0400
On 10/26/06, Mark Feblowitz <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> So they're saying that they're satisfied that the proper procedures
> are being followed, regardless of what we've been told by DH.

It still sounds to me like they weren't responding to a question about
the labelling of a specific product, but rather explaining what the D
or lack of it means when shared lines are used.  (I'm basing this on
their use of "would be".)

It leaves open the question as to whether kashered shared lines are
clean enough for allergic people (which I'm sure varies by person).

> I'm betting that either the Kashrut supervisors have  inspected and
> are satisfied, or they're on notice now to do so.

That may be.  Another poster did say that she saw the rabbis arriving
at the plant recently.

I'd echo the "proceed with caution" advice.

Take care!
--Robyn