NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 14 Dec 2000 15:23:24 -0500
Off Pofak
From: "Sonya Summers" <[log in to unmask]>
MF/EF rice pudding

I just made this up today and it was GREAT! I just made a little but I'm
sure you can increase it!

1/3 cup Sweet Rice (also known as glutinous rice) In the Oriental section of
supermarket
2/3 cup water
1/3 cup Vanilla Soy Milk (or rice milk)
1/2 tablespoon sugar
cinnamon
vanilla

Boil water then add rice and cover cooking like reg rice. Let it cook till
all water is gone then add 1/3 cup Vanilla soy milk a drop or two of
vanilla, a little cinnamon and 1/2 tablespoon sugar.  Cover and cook again
till all the soy milk is absorbed!  It had a great consistency, just like
rice pudding and tasted good enough that me and my Non-allergic DD cooked
more so we could have some!!!

He ate it warm - We put ours in the fridge to make it cold like reg rice
pudding and it takes good both ways!

Sonya