NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 8 Apr 1999 00:22:46 EDT
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< I am starting my 2 year old in day care and need an alternative
 to graham and animal crackers since that is the most popular treat. Can
 anyone recommend brands that "taste good" like the real thing?
 I have tried Hains animal crackers but my daughter doesn't seem
 to like them. I also tried another brand (can't recall the name)
 but they tasted like cardboard.

 I can place orders for anything from my local coop.

 Thanks!

 Jill

         * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I am new at this NO MILK, so forgive me if I am providing ignorant and non
helpful info, lol.  My son is allergic, but we are not sure how severe.
Anyway he eats Teddy Grahams and does not seem to have any problems.  Unless
I am missing something (perhaps the natural flavor?) they seem to be milk
free.

Cinnamon Teddy Grahams Ingredients are:

Enriched wheat flour (contains nicacin, reduced iron, thiamine mononitrate
{vitamin B1}, riboflavin {vitamin B2}, folic acid), sugar vegetable
shortening (partially hydrogenated soybean oil) graham flour, honey, salt,
maltodextrin, baking soda, natural flavor, cinnamon, soy lecithin
(emulsifier).

jen