NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Nancy Weir <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 May 1998 13:14:25 -0400
On Sun, 3 May 1998 Tori wrote:
> but the difficulty of following such a strict diet ... It
> wasn't so much that I found the food I could eat too
> restrictive but the amount of questioning and research I
> had to do for nearly every meal.

Just a note to those going dairy free:  It does get a *lot*
easier after a while, especially once you've found some
staple foods that are dairy free: bread, margarine,
crackers, cookies and a favourite brand of soya milk.
Hang in there.
Now I only check labels when I can grocery shop without my
son.  The rest of the time I buy things I know are dairy
free and double check them when I get home. (Fortunately I
don't have a life-threatening reaction either).