NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Tammy Glaser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 May 1997 08:05:49 -0400
>Peanut butter is a high fat, protein food.  My children LOVE it.  On the
>other hand, peanuts are another common allergin and many pediatricians
>recommend waiting until your child is older to introduce peanuts.

My tips!  Make your own nut butter and then you can (a) make sure you know
all the ingredients (stuff can be hidden in peanut butter too), (b) rotate
your nut butters to avoid allergies (almond, then peanut, then walnut, etc)
and (c) save money on expensive nut butters form the hf store.  It tastes
better fresh too!

>Avocados are high in fat ("good fat") and I love them.  I have not
>convinced my children that they are edible :-).

I make guacomole and put them on tacos, which my kids love (shop around for
tortilla shells--most contain hydrogenated oils).

Tammy G.

"A parent's love perceives no limitations."