NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Jun 1999 21:17:11 -0400
KC wrote:

>I liked the list better when we were able to talk about different
>subjects and not just milk allergies.

It need not be just milk allergies, but it does need to have some
relationship to avoiding dairy or how to live with the avoidance. For
example, discussing lactose intolerance is also welcome here.

As Simon wrote there are other lists for those that want to discuss other
topics. With the free web based e-mail lists now active there are well over
100,000 lists to select from. Some places to find them:

 http://www.liszt.com/
 http://www.egroups.com/
 http://www.listbot.com/

>  And since there are so few posts I
>wonder if other feel the same way.

I think this is because there are many long term subscribers on the list.
There is not that much turnover. The old timers have had all their
questions and concerns addressed. What is needed is more new people to come
here looking for help.

But I do realize that if the list gets too quiet then newcomers are
intimidated from breaking the silence. So I am saying right now that
newcomers are welcome to post, introduce themselves, and explain why you
(or your children) are avoiding dairy, and what can we old timers do to help.

Don.