NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Explorer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Mar 1999 09:32:44 +0000
On Fri, 26 Mar 1999 Tanya Bumgardner <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>With no doubt it turned out to be milk that was the culprit.  But now I
>don't know if I'm
>allergic or intolerant....

Tanya,

I react adversely to milk and dairy products and I stay away from
them--- it is a combo of both allergy and intolerance.  I tested
severely allergic on the IgG Rast blood test to milk, cheese and eggs,
but considering that I also have celiac sprue, I am intolerant to
dairy and as well as to many other foods.   I am curious why you need
to know specifically if it is allergy or intolerance?  Is it so you
can judge the reaction times better, or so that you can just avoid
milk and eat other diary products if possible, or so that you can tell
what is going on in your body better, or what?

Cheryl Johnson
Explorer