NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Susan Gallant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Apr 2006 20:26:41 -0700
Can someone explain what celiac disease is? I've heard of a lot of illnesses, but that isn't one of them.
  I'm also wondering about the corn allergies. We didn't hear of people being allergic to anything like that when we were growing up and now it seems a lot of certain grains(some consider corn a grain) are causing bad reactions in people. I'm wondering if it has something to do with Monsanto corporation genetically altering seeds which in turn means genetically altered crops. Since we are what we eat my guess is this would also affect our body chemistry and thus our imune systems. It's hard to find someone who sells seeds that are not originally from Monsanto in some way, shape or form unless you find an Amish farmer or some other farmer who is into organics. I'd say saving your own seeds from your food might work, but if the fruits, begeatables and grains were grown from a genetically altered seed then the food will not reproduce and it's hard to know one way or the other if it has been or not. As far as milk allergies, I think people have always had reactions but never
 made the connection that it was the milk causing it, but today with all the antibiotics and steroids given to the farm animals that end up in the milk and other biproducts, I suspect that is causing its fair share of damage as well. That's just my input. Some people may not agree with it, but hopefully the information will turn out to be useful to someone. Sue