NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Rose Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Sep 1999 12:50:59 EDT
I agree. Before we knew what we were looking for, we bought several
"non-dairy" labeled products and our son (who is anaphylactic to milk
products) had varying reactions (this was 6 years ago).
I've found that products labeled "non-dairy" usually have casein in them. The
truly milk-free products aren't usually labeled "non-dairy." Strange, huh?
I don't pay attention to packaging designs and flash words on the front...I
go straight to the ingredient list, where everything should be listed. And if
it says Natural flavors...I usually call the manufacturers to make sure this
is not milk-based.

Rose