NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Bronwyn Marshall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Jan 2000 15:44:15 +1100
Hi Tracy,
Whenever I have serious cravings (and being 4 months pregnant I do), or
get depressed about not being able to eat junk food, I make these
AMAZING cookies. They are really easy &  moist. I like the peppermint,
but you can also substitute an extra tablespoon of vanilla instead.
Actually, I use way more peppermint than in the official recipe which is
the one I have included . . .

Double Chocolate Mint Cookies (makes a ton - 6 dozen or so)
Ingredients:
(I got this from http://www.cookierecipe.com)

2 1/2 cups dairy-free margarine, softened (you could probably use
shortening or oil maybe)
4 cups white sugar
4 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon peppermint extract
4 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips

Directions:
1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2 Cream together, margarine, sugar and eggs. Mix in remaining
ingredients. Blend well.
3 Drop by teaspoonsful onto a cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees F (175
degrees C) for 8-9 minutes. Cookies will be soft. Cool about 1 minute on
cookie sheet then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
4 Recipe Variation: For a different flavor, omit peppermint extract and
use a total of 2 teaspoons of vanilla.

(now I'm hungry just thinking about them)
-Bronwyn