NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jen Snead <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 May 2003 16:31:06 -0400
I know that this list is about food allergies, but I am also aware that many
of us also suffer from airborne allergies. We will be replacing our old heat
pump and air handler unit in the next two weeks and wonder if now would be a
good time to also have a whole house air cleaner installed. Trouble is we
have no clue what kind, brand name, etc. On an allergy list I am on I read a
few days ago--not sure if it was archives or real time--that the ionizing
type of room cleaners were not well liked due to it possibly causing more
coughing and sneezing. I've been looking at the Aprilaire 5000 which is a
combination of an ionization unit and media (filter unit). The ionization
takes place within a sealed unit and the particles attach to metal strips as
they are passed through the unit. Does anyone have one of these units--any
opinions? Anyone have a whole house air cleaner unit? Your opinions? Is a
whole house unit worth it or is it better to go with a room unit? Need help
asap as our new heat pump unit goes in June 2. Thanks!

Jen

---