NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Robyn Kozierok <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Apr 1997 22:47:18 -0400
>Much of the Passover candies are parve, even some of the chocolate,
>which is bittersweet.  But again beware...some of the baked goods and
>cake mixes substitute are made with substitutes for the leaven and also
>the dairy (to make them parve) that are less than healthy.

Yeah, and the oil of choice is usually cottonseed (ugh!) because most of
the other options are disallowed, and you don't want to be eating too
much of that stuff under any circumstances (cotton is not grown/regulated as
a food crop!)

Since I am also allergic (by proxy for my breastfed son) to soy, peanuts
and peas, I am especially excited about the passover selections, since all
of those are disallowed for passover (depending on your ancestry!) so that
I know that anything Kosher for Passover and parve is safe for me to eat.
Yay!

--Robyn