NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Steve Carper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Jan 1999 00:38:08 -0500
Simon W Hecht wrote:

>My intolerence to milk protein slowly developed over a long period of
time.
Fifty years or so.  Whether or not my ingesting milk products accelerated
the process, is an unanswerable question.

Logically, it seems reasonable to assume ingesting of milk products
hastened the processs.<

You have an allergy to milk protein. You have an intolerance to
milk sugar. They are totally different reactions.

It is true that you can sensitize your body to proteins by eating
them. To blatantly oversimplify, allergies will often get worse
as the antibodies build.

But I was speaking specifically of lactose intolerance. And although
I am often wary of what is in the medical literature, the evidence
in this case seems strong. Eating or not eating dairy does not
create an intolerance to milk.