NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Tarek Charara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Apr 2001 12:00:11 +0200
Hello,

I'm new to this list and would like to share my experience concerning
no-milk diets with you. I'm not allergic to milk in a traditional way, I
react to it in different ways: from feeling very "heavy" and difficulties
digesting the stuff to asthma-like breathing.

I always thought milk was bad for our health and that it couldn't be
otherwise as humans are the only mammals to drink the milk of another
mammal. Figuring that this "tradition" is roughly 20000 years old, I think
there is no way the human body could have developed the enzymes to brake
down cowmilk (or any other non-human milk) in so little time. This is also
the point of view of Dr. Fradin (who invented the hypo-toxic diet).

15 years ago I did some research with my (doctor)-wife to find any reliable
scientific source (i.e. not financed by the milk industry) that proves the
"milk is good for your health" statement... We have found none. We also
found that the above statement was first used in advertising (Although I do
not have the exact data anymore)...

Some countries are dairy-free: Thailand for example. In Thailand you can
easily recognize Thai teenagers that are on a dairy diet: most of them have
acne.

I have stopped dairy products ages ago and I can tell you that it is very
difficult to live that way in France. Almost EVERYTHING contains dairy.

What about calcium? The questions I ask myself: How did the Thai or the
Japanese do without the calcium in milk?, who established the values of
calcium needed by the body and how does the body use the calcium ingested?
(i.e. does the body have a fixed calcium need or does it use whatever is
available?), Mammals stop drinking milk at a certain age and have no calcium
problems whatsoever, so who established that we needed the calcium contained
in milk and for what purpose?, Parsley contains calcium, why is there no
"parsley is good for your health" lobby? (only kidding)

Anyway, I'll post more info soon, specially on how milk affects the body and
why it causes allergies, why some people tolerate (!) it more than other...
as soon as I get my hands on my documentation!

Tarek

Tarek Charara
L'expo continue sur/The exhibition continues at
http://www.orients-unis.net