NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Barton, Beth" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Dec 1997 09:08:26 -0400
Dawn:
I had a severe allergic reaction , after Allergy Testing, in my Doctor's
office.  He administered the Epipen on me, and I had an instant "Panic
Attack" with convulsions.  This may not happen to you though.

It is probably OK for you to administer the Epipen yourself, but try to
have someone stay with you to talk to you.  It is a very scary feeling,
and you will get through it better if you have someone to keep you calm.

The Epipen started to take the swelling down almost immediately, so it
is a life-saver!

Beth