NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Don Marcotte <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Dec 1999 11:56:40 -0500
I would look for other brands of soy milk. We now have 4 brands locally
here in Toronto that taste very close to milk. I use it everywhere and my
family says they can't tell the difference. The only problem I've had was
that milk also thickens things. To compensate for soy milk, I add a
tablespoon of flour or corn starch.

Another possibility is Vitamite. It tastes very much like milk with almost
no aftertaste. You can buy it in powder directly. It has one drawback which
doesn't affect me -- it has casein. There is another product called Dairy
Free but I can't find it locally even though it's made in Canada! It
supposedly has no dairy whatsoever.

Don M