NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Wentz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 May 1997 23:21:10 -0500

Max Desorgher wrote:
> I've found out that its
> better not to look for substitutes. Just eat something else or go
> without. It's amazing how your tastes change.

Well, as an adult who has no real problems with dairy but who has two
children who are allergic to dairy (among many other things), I look for
substitutes for some things.  Your tastes do change.  My son who never
really ever had cheese thinks it is stringy and gross.  :-D  Unfortunately,
I still crave it.

As for butter, how do you bake cookies without margarine or Crisco (yuck!)
or something like it?  My sons love to snack - about every 15 minutes - so
I try to make them lots of cookie/muffin type things that will fill them
up.  I can bake anything without a butter substitute - except cookies.
Advice and recipes (especially wheat/egg free too) gladly accepted.

--
Kathy Wentz                        unschooler, n. one who never swims
[log in to unmask]                   with the crowd