NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Daniel Twogood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Mar 1997 16:28:15 -0800
Dawn wrote:

> A lot of us know the truth, but we are a minority. I have written about it, and so have many clinical ecologists, that weird phenomenon of closed
mindedness in the medical professions. When a doctor can't find a
positive test, he or she tends to skip right over the diet to emotional
problems as the cause. Considering the diet for anything other than
starvation or obesity seems to be taboo. It's so common it doesn't even
anger me any more. I think it's because of the medical education program
that all doctors are subject to.

Sometimes I tell patients to lie when they go to a restaurant or the
hospital, or school lunches. Tell them you will have an epileptic seizure
and poop on their floor if you eat casein or gluten or whatever. But
really, if you go in a hospital, take someone you trust to watch over
you.

Daniel A. Twogood, D.C.