NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mike & Paula Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Nov 1997 18:03:20 -0800
Since so many of you helped me with subsituting the cream I thought you would
like this.  And yes, I realize this is so unhealthy, but, chicken and rice gets
old every night at our house.  My boys ages 6 & 9 loved it!

Toscana Soup – modified from Olive Garden’s recipe
Heat oven to 300 degrees.  Bake 3 links of Italian Sausage (or we used low fat
turkey sausage).  In heavy soup pan brown ¾ cups chopped onions and 1 slice of
bacon over medium heat for 3-4 minutes.  Stir in 1 ¼ teaspoons garlic (we buy
chopped garlic)
 For 1 minute.  Add 1 can (13 ¾ or 14 ½ oz) chicken broth, cups water and 3
medium potatoes, peeled and sliced.  Bring to boil and reduce heat to medium and
simmer 25 minutes until potatoes are tender.  Stir in 2 cups sliced fresh
spinach  and sausage and cook for 5 minutes.  Makes about 8 bowls of soup  The
original recipe had a little bit of cream added after it was done.  We went
without anything, although I did try some milk in mine.