NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Don Marcotte <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Mar 1999 17:24:12 -0500
>This list, unfortunately, isn't like other lists that I am familiar with.
I find
>that supportive, friendly messages here are few and far between.

I think of this list as matter-of-fact and quite business-like most of the
time. Information is passed and opinions stated. I, for one, would leave
immediately if it became a cheer-leading session. I need information not
support for my psyche/opinions/feelings. Maybe that's just a <guy> thing!

When it comes to how each of us reacts to dairy, I believe that we are all
different and there certainly is no 'one size fits all' solution to problems
with dairy. I would never tell anyone what their problem is and what
solution might work. If asked, I will answer based on my life experience.
However, I can truthfully say that I have not met anyone with my particular
set of reactions to dairy. For example, I don't seem to react to casein but
definitely react to whey and maybe lactoalbumin/lactoglobulin (sp?). Anyway,
to get to where I'm going, this list is fine with me. However, each of us
has preferences and we must be respectful of the views of others. All I'm
saying, I will do the democratic thing and leave if the rest of the group
wants to change the focus. I'm a happy camper today!!

Don Marcotte
Toronto