NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 17 Jul 2000 21:32:22 -0700
I had a Maverick Ice Cream machine (you do not use salt or ice in
it........countertop model) and I had problems galore with it.  Another
friend also had one and had the same problems with it that I did.  The motor
was on the bottom of the unit and the cylinder you put the ice cream in was
on the top and the plastic cover on top did not lock down so nothing was
there to hold it.  The bottom of the paddle would get out of its groove
after a few minutes.....then the unit would stop and freeze up.  Put heavy
book on top of the unit but that did not help.

A friend told me a few days ago the Cuisanart countertop model also has the
motor on the bottom.
I bought a Rival Gourmet Creamery ice cream maker (countertop model that
does not use salt or ice) a few days ago.  I love it!!  The motor is on top
and locks onto the cylinder.   It freezes my ice cream faster than the
Maverick.  Another good thing about the Rival............the liquid in the
cylinder (which does the freezing) does not melt quickly like the other
machine.  After freezing the ice cream for about 15 minutes the liquid in
cylinder was still frozen solid.  I tried Krups machine which is similar to
the Rival.........the ice cream never did freeze solid and the liquid in the
cylinder was thawed in a very short period of time.  That was the reason the
ice cream did not freeze properly.
Two of my friends have the Rival Gourmet Creamery and are very happy with
it.
I have no financial interest in any of these companies...........just wanted
to let others know of my experience with the different models.  I make ice
cream everyday.

Maizy